The African Masters in Machine Intelligence (AMMI) is a fully-funded, one-year intensive graduate program offered by the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) that provides brilliant young Africans with state-of-the-art training in machine learning and its applications. The AMMI program aims to prepare well-rounded machine intelligence researchers who can respond to both present and future needs of Africa and the world.
To be eligible for the AMMI program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an African country
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a recognized equivalent from an accredited institution
- Have a satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum average of B (or 80%) or better is required
- Have an interest and/or background in artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc., demonstrated in courses taken and projects undertaken
- Consent to mentor an undergraduate student at the applicant’s previous institution while enrolled at AMMI
- Consent to mentor an AMMI student after graduation
- Have a strong interest in solving national or continental problems using science and technology
The AMMI program provides a number of benefits to participants, including:
- Full tuition waiver
- Monthly stipend
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses
- Access to state-of-the-art computer facilities and research resources
- Opportunity to work with world-renowned faculty and researchers
- Opportunity to network with other talented students from across Africa
The application process for the AMMI program is competitive. Applicants must submit a completed application form, a copy of their academic transcripts, a letter of motivation, and two letters of recommendation.
The deadline for applications is typically in the spring semester. The exact deadline will be announced each year.
For more information about the AMMI program and the application process, please visit the AIMS website: https://aimsammi.org/
Here are some additional details about the AMMI program:
- The program is taught in English.
- The program is held at AIMS Senegal.
- The program consists of coursework, research projects, and seminars.
- Graduates of the AMMI program are well-prepared for careers in industry, academia, and government.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.