The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (AU EGLS) 2024/2025 is a full-tuition scholarship for international undergraduate students who are dedicated to positive civic and social change. The scholarship is awarded to one student each year who has overcome various obstacles and challenges, and who is committed to returning home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in their home country.
- Applicants must be international students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.80 on a 4.00 scale (or in the top 10% of their graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service, and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Applicants must have one of the following:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.5 or above)
- The AU EGLS scholarship covers full tuition, room and board, and all other billable expenses.
- Scholars also receive access to a variety of support services, including academic advising, mentorship, and career counseling.
To apply for the AU EGLS scholarship, students must submit the following materials:
- Online application form
- Official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary institutions attended
- English language test scores (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- A financial aid application
The deadline to apply for the AU EGLS scholarship is December 15, 2023.
For more information about the AU EGLS scholarship, please visit the American University website.
Tips for Applicants:
- Make sure to carefully review the eligibility requirements and application process before submitting your application.
- Write a strong personal statement that highlights your academic achievements, leadership potential, and commitment to giving back to your community.
- Get strong letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or other mentors who can attest to your academic abilities and personal qualities.
- Submit your application early to increase your chances of being selected.
I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your scholarship application!