The Jemila Abubakar Essay Competition is an annual competition organized in memory of Miss Jemila Abubakar, the pioneer program manager of the Asido Foundation. It is open to undergraduates in Nigerian tertiary institutions, including universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, monotechnics, and schools of nursing. The theme for the 4th edition of the competition is “Digital Mental Health Tools for Students.” Here are the key details:
Aim and Benefits
- Cash Prizes: The top three entries in the competition will be awarded cash prizes as follows:
- 1st Place: N200,000
- 2nd Place: N150,000
- 3rd Place: N100,000
- Mentorship Program: The top 15 entries will also benefit from a mentorship program.
- Applicant Eligibility: To qualify, applicants must be undergraduates of Nigerian tertiary institutions.
- Evidence of Studentship: Applicants should be able to provide evidence of their studentship.
- Unashamed Pledge: Applicants are required to sign the Asido Foundation’s Unashamed pledge.
- Essay Word Count: Essays should have a word count ranging from a minimum of 750 words to a maximum of 1500 words.
The application deadline for the Jemila Abubakar Essay Competition is December 3, 2023.
How to Apply
For more details and to apply, interested candidates can visit the Asido Foundation website. Make sure to carefully review the guidelines and requirements provided on the website to ensure a successful application. This competition presents an opportunity for students to engage with important mental health issues and potentially win cash prizes while doing so.