The Angus Nicholson Honours Scholarship at the Australian National University (ANU) is an opportunity for students either currently enrolled or eligible for enrolment in an Honours year of an undergraduate degree at the ANU College of Science or the ANU College of Health & Medicine. It’s also open to students at other tertiary institutions pursuing an equivalent degree. Established by Mr. Jon Nicholson in memory of Dr. Angus Nicholson, this scholarship offers substantial support to successful applicants.
Key Details of the ANU Angus Nicholson Honours Scholarship:
- Sponsoring Institutions: ANU College of Health and Medicine & ANU College of Science.
- Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000 per annum.
- Target Audience: Both domestic and international students.
- Eligible Programs: Undergraduate courses offered at the University.
- Selection Criteria: Based on academic merit, exceptional personal success skills, and evidence of leadership.
- English Language Requirement: Evidence of meeting ANU’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
- Must be a domestic or international student.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree program.
- High academic achievement.
- Demonstrable personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation).
- Must hold a high school certificate or equivalent.
- Full-time enrollment in the Honours program for the semester the scholarship is awarded.
- Application Period: Annually from 15 September to 30 November.
- How to Apply:
- Submit a written letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, expressing passion for science and outlining academic achievements.
- Arrange two references to support the application, with referees sending reports to the same email address.
- Ensure submission of all required documents by the deadline as stated on the scholarship website.
- There is no separate application form for this scholarship.
- The Australian National University, a leading institution in Canberra, is known for its research excellence and robust educational programs.
- The scholarship aims to support students in addressing complex contemporary challenges through quality education.
For more detailed information and to complete the application process, interested candidates should visit the ANU website