The Beyond Borders PhD Scholarships 2023 for Studying borders and bordering phenomena is a program designed to support outstanding doctoral students pursuing research on borders and border phenomena worldwide. This program is offered by the ZEIT-Stiftung, a German non-profit foundation, and aims to promote interdisciplinary exchange in the social sciences and humanities.
To be eligible for the Beyond Borders PhD Scholarships 2023, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in or admitted to a full-time PhD program at a recognized university worldwide
- Have a demonstrated interest in research on borders and border phenomena
- Have a strong academic record and a proven ability to conduct independent research
- Be proficient in English, both written and spoken
- Be committed to pursuing a research career in the field of border studies
The Beyond Borders PhD Scholarships 2023 will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees for up to three years of doctoral studies
- Monthly stipend of €1,400
- Research allowance of €2,000 per year
- Travel costs (up to a maximum of €2,000)
- Health insurance
- Access to the ZEIT-Stiftung’s network of scholars and researchers from around the world
The application deadline for the Beyond Borders PhD Scholarships 2023 is March 1, 2023. Applicants can submit their applications online.
Applications will be assessed by a panel of experts based on the following criteria:
- Academic record
- Research proposal
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Interview performance
Notification of Results
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications by April 2023.
Benefits of Beyond Borders PhD Scholarships 2023
The Beyond Borders PhD Scholarships 2023 offer a number of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to conduct research on borders and border phenomena at a leading university worldwide
- Financial support to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs
- Access to a vibrant research community and mentorship from renowned scholars
- Exposure to a global network of researchers and industry partners
- Potential for career advancement and leadership opportunities in the field of border studies
- The chance to make a significant contribution to the understanding of borders and border phenomena in the contemporary world
The Beyond Borders PhD Scholarships 2023 for Studying borders and bordering phenomena is a valuable opportunity for outstanding doctoral students to pursue their research goals and make a significant contribution to the field of border studies. This program provides students with the financial support, resources, and mentorship they need to succeed in their research and make a positive impact on society.