The Carnegie Mellon University Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2024 is a fully-funded scholarship program for academically talented and financially disadvantaged students from Africa to pursue undergraduate studies at Carnegie Mellon University Africa (CMU-Africa) in Kigali, Rwanda.
Carnegie Mellon University Africa campus
The program covers the full cost of tuition, fees, housing, meals, and travel expenses. Scholars also receive access to a variety of support services, including academic advising, mentorship, and career counseling.
- Applicants must be citizens of an African country.
- Applicants must have demonstrated academic excellence.
- Applicants must be financially disadvantaged.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to giving back to their communities.
- Full tuition, fees, housing, meals, and travel expenses
- Academic advising, mentorship, and career counseling
- Opportunities to participate in research projects and internships
- Access to CMU-Africa’s world-class facilities and resources
To apply for the Carnegie Mellon University Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, students must submit the following materials:
- Online application form
- Official transcripts from high school and any other post-secondary institutions attended
- Standardized test scores (SAT or ACT)
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- A financial aid application
The deadline to apply for the Carnegie Mellon University Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is January 15th, 2024.
For more information about the Carnegie Mellon University Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, please visit the CMU-Africa website.
Tips for Applicants:
- Make sure to carefully review the eligibility requirements and application process before submitting your application.
- Write a strong personal statement that highlights your academic achievements, leadership potential, and commitment to giving back to your community.
- Get strong letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or other mentors who can attest to your academic abilities and personal qualities.
- Submit your application early to increase your chances of being selected.
I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your application!tunesharemore_vert