The Canadian University Dubai offers several scholarships for international students for the year 2023. These scholarships are primarily awarded to undergraduate students based on their academic performance. The key details of these scholarships are as follows:
CUD Scholarship for International Students in brief
Types of Scholarships Offered: The Canadian University Dubai offers various scholarships, including:
Academic Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship is likely based on the academic achievements of the students.
Sports Scholarship: This scholarship may be intended for students who excel in sports.
Funding and Eligibility: These scholarships are partially funded. For instance, the Academic Excellence Scholarship provides up to a 50% tuition fee waiver. To qualify for a 50% tuition waiver under this category, high school students need to have attained an academic average of 99% or above.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applying for these scholarships is December 20, 2023.
These scholarships represent an excellent opportunity for international students to pursue their undergraduate studies at Canadian University Dubai, with the added benefit of financial support based on their academic or other merits. Interested students should ensure they meet the eligibility criteria and adhere to the application deadline.
The Canadian University Dubai (CUD) offers a variety of scholarships to international students, including:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship: Awarded to students with a high school GPA of 90% or above.
- Sports Scholarship: Awarded to outstanding athletes.
- Financial Hardship Scholarship: Awarded to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Special Needs Scholarship: Awarded to students with special needs.
- Special Talent Scholarship: Awarded to students with special talents, such as music, art, or writing.
- Applicants must be international students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Applicants must have met all of the admission requirements for their chosen program of study.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at CUD.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.80 to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- The CUD scholarships cover a portion of tuition and fees. The amount of the scholarship varies depending on the type of scholarship and the student’s academic merit.
To apply for a CUD scholarship, students must submit the following materials:
- Online application form
- Official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary institutions attended
- English language test scores (IELTS or TOEFL)
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- A financial aid application (for Financial Hardship Scholarship and Special Needs Scholarship only)
The deadline to apply for CUD scholarships is July 7th, 2024 for the Fall semester and December 20th, 2023 for the Spring semester.
For more information about CUD scholarships, please visit the CUD website.
Tips for Applicants:
- Make sure to carefully review the eligibility requirements and application process before submitting your application.
- Write a strong personal statement that highlights your academic achievements, financial need (if applicable), and commitment to your chosen field of study.
- Get strong letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or other mentors who can attest to your academic abilities and personal qualities.
- Submit your application early to increase your chances of being selected.
I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your scholarship application!