Google is pleased to announce the opening of applications for its 2023 PhD Fellowship Program for African Students. This program is designed to support outstanding African students in pursuing their doctoral studies in computer science, engineering, or related fields at leading universities around the world.
To be eligible for the Google PhD Fellowship Program for African Students, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an African country
- Have a strong academic record
- Be enrolled in or admitted to a full-time PhD program in computer science, engineering, or a related field at a recognized university
- Have a demonstrated interest in research and innovation in computer science or a related field
- Be committed to pursuing a career in academia or industry
Google PhD Fellowships for African Students will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Travel costs (up to a maximum of USD 5,000)
- Research allowance (up to a maximum of USD 10,000 per year)
- Access to Google’s network of researchers and industry partners
- Mentorship from Google researchers
The application deadline for the Google PhD Fellowship Program for African Students is April 15, 2023. Applicants can submit their applications online.
Applications will be assessed by a panel of experts based on the following criteria:
- Academic record
- Research proposal
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Interview performance
Notification of Results
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications by June 2023.
Benefits of Google PhD Fellowship Program for African Students
The Google PhD Fellowship Program for African Students offers a number of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to conduct research at a world-class university
- Financial support to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs
- Access to a vibrant research community and mentorship from renowned scientists
- Exposure to a global network of researchers and industry partners
- Potential for career advancement and leadership opportunities in computer science or a related field
- The chance to make a significant contribution to the development of Africa
The Google PhD Fellowship Program for African Students is a valuable opportunity for outstanding African students to pursue their doctoral studies and make a significant contribution to the field of computer science or a related field. This program provides students with the financial support, resources, and mentorship they need to succeed in their research and make a positive impact on society.