The GWNET/CCA/SEforALL 2023 Women in Clean Cooking Mentorship Programme is a year-long program that pairs early to mid-career women working in the clean cooking sector with experienced mentors. The program is designed to help mentees develop their professional skills, advance their careers, and make a positive impact on the clean cooking sector.
Benefits of the Program
The Women in Clean Cooking Mentorship Programme provides a number of benefits to its participants, including:
- Gaining experience from seasoned professionals in the energy sector.
- Obtaining career-enhancing activities to support concrete goals.
- Enhancing professional and personal development.
- Fostering strategic thinking and innovative ideas.
- Building a network of connections with other women in the clean cooking sector.
To be eligible for the program, you must be:
- A woman working in the clean cooking sector in Africa, Asia, or Haiti.
- Have 2-10 years of work experience.
- Have a strong personal interest in contributing to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 5 and 7 by supporting the engagement of other women in the process and a commitment to women’s empowerment and gender equality.
The application process for the Women in Clean Cooking Mentorship Programme is typically open once a year. Applications are submitted online and must include a completed application form, a personal statement, a resume, and two letters of recommendation.
Mentees are selected based on their application materials, their demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in the clean cooking sector, and their potential to contribute to the program’s goals.
Mentees and mentors will meet regularly throughout the year to discuss their goals, challenges, and successes. Mentors will provide mentees with guidance and support, and mentees will have the opportunity to learn from their mentors’ experience and expertise.
The Women in Clean Cooking Mentorship Programme has a strong track record of success. In past years, the program has helped mentees to develop their professional skills, advance their careers, and make a positive impact on the clean cooking sector.
For more information about the Women in Clean Cooking Mentorship Programme, please visit the GWNET website: https://www.globalwomennet.org/about-gwnet/women-in-clean-cooking-mentorship-program/