Harvard University offers a variety of fully funded MBA scholarships for qualified students. These scholarships are designed to support and attract talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, fostering a vibrant and inclusive learning environment at Harvard Business School (HBS).
Eligibility for fully funded MBA scholarships at Harvard Business School varies depending on the specific scholarship program. However, general eligibility requirements often include:
- Exceptional Academic Record: A strong academic record, typically with a minimum GPA of 3.7 or higher
- Standardized Test Scores: Competitive GMAT or GRE scores (optional for some scholarships)
- Demonstrated Leadership Potential: Evidence of leadership skills, initiative, and a commitment to making a positive impact
- Relevant Work Experience: Relevant work experience in a business or management-related field (required for some scholarships)
- English Language Proficiency: Fluency in English for both written and spoken communication
- Commitment to Contributing to Society: A demonstrated commitment to using one’s business education to make a positive impact on society (required for some scholarships)
Types of Scholarships
Harvard Business School offers a range of fully funded MBA scholarships, including:
- Merit-Based Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded based on academic merit, leadership potential, and the applicant’s overall fit with the HBS community.
- Diversity Scholarships: These scholarships aim to promote diversity and inclusivity by supporting applicants from underrepresented groups or regions.
- Needs-Based Scholarships: These scholarships provide financial assistance to students with demonstrated financial need.
- Employer-Sponsored Scholarships: These scholarships are funded by companies that seek to attract and develop top talent.
The application process for fully funded MBA scholarships at Harvard Business School varies depending on the specific scholarship program. However, most applications require the submission of the following documents:
- Completed Application Form: A completed application form with all required information
- Academic Transcripts: Official academic transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- GMAT or GRE Score: A valid GMAT or GRE score (if applicable)
- Letter of Motivation: A compelling letter of motivation outlining academic goals, career aspirations, and contributions to the HBS community
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional referees
- Copy of Identity Document or Passport: A copy of a valid identity document or passport
- Resume: A detailed resume highlighting relevant work experience, academic achievements, and extracurricular activities
- Essay or Additional Requirements: Depending on the specific scholarship, additional essays, interviews, or other requirements may be requested.
Application deadlines for fully funded MBA scholarships at Harvard Business School vary depending on the specific scholarship program. However, early application is strongly encouraged, as scholarships are highly competitive, with application deadlines typically in the spring of the year prior to enrollment.
Applications for fully funded MBA scholarships at Harvard Business School are reviewed by a selection committee, which considers the following factors:
- Academic Record: Strength of academic performance, including GPA, coursework, and standardized test scores
- Work Experience: Relevance and depth of professional experience, demonstrating leadership, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Leadership Potential: Evidence of leadership skills, initiative, and a commitment to making a positive impact through business
- Personal Statement: Clarity and persuasiveness of the letter of motivation, highlighting personal goals, motivations, and contributions to HBS
- References: Insights and recommendations provided by academic or professional referees
- Alignment with Scholarship Goals: The applicant’s alignment with the specific goals and objectives of the scholarship program
Benefits of Fully Funded MBA Scholarships
Fully funded MBA scholarships at Harvard Business School provide comprehensive financial support to students, covering the full cost of tuition and living expenses. In addition, scholarship recipients gain access to:
- World-Class Education: Access to a world-class MBA program at one of the most prestigious business schools globally
- Networking Opportunities: Opportunities to connect with fellow scholars, alumni, and industry leaders
- Mentorship Programs: Mentoring from experienced business professionals and faculty members
- Research Support: Access to research funding and resources to support academic pursuits
- Global Exposure: Opportunities to participate in international exchange programs and gain global business perspectives
Start of Program
The Harvard Business School MBA program typically commences in August of each year. Scholarship recipients will begin their studies alongside their fellow MBA cohort, benefiting from a supportive and collaborative learning environment.
For more information about fully funded MBA scholarships at Harvard Business School and application deadlines, please visit the Harvard Business School website.