The Harvard University Academy Scholars Program 2024 for International PhD Students is a two-year postdoctoral fellowship program that supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences or law with a command of the language and knowledge or expertise of countries or regions outside of the United States or Canada.
The program is open to recent PhD recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences. Scholars nearing dissertation completion must be able to submit degree conferral documentation issued by their university registrar’s office by June 30, 2023, for an August 1, 2023, start date.
- Applicants must be international students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Canada.
- Applicants must have a PhD degree or comparable doctoral degree in the social sciences or law from an accredited university.
- Applicants must have excellent English language skills, with a TOEFL score of at least 100 (iBT) or an IELTS score of at least 7.0.
- Academy Scholars receive an annual stipend of $75,000. This stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage.
- Academy Scholars have access to Harvard University’s world-class resources and facilities, including libraries, laboratories, and computing centers.
- Academy Scholars participate in a variety of professional development activities, including seminars, workshops, and conferences.
To apply for the Harvard University Academy Scholars Program, students must submit an online application form, including their CV, transcripts, English language test scores, dissertation proposal, and letters of recommendation.
The deadline to apply for the Harvard University Academy Scholars Program is September 22nd, 2023.
For more information about the Harvard University Academy Scholars Program, please visit the Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies website.
Tips for Applicants:
- Make sure to carefully review the eligibility requirements and application process before submitting your application.
- Write a strong dissertation proposal that highlights your research interests and experience.
- Get strong letters of recommendation from professors or other academic professionals who can attest to your academic and research abilities.
- Submit your application early to increase your chances of being selected.
I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your application!