The IAEA Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship Programme (MSCFP) is a fellowship program that aims to encourage and support women to pursue a career in the nuclear field. The program provides scholarships for Master’s programs in nuclear-related fields at accredited universities, as well as internship opportunities facilitated by the IAEA.
To be eligible for the MSCFP, you must be:
- A female citizen of an IAEA Member State
- Enrolled in or accepted to an accredited university in a Master’s program in a nuclear-related field
- Have a strong academic record and a demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in the nuclear field
The MSCFP provides a number of benefits to its fellows, including:
- A full scholarship for a Master’s program in a nuclear-related field
- A monthly stipend
- Travel and accommodation expenses for the internship
- Networking opportunities with other fellows and IAEA staff
The application process for the MSCFP is typically open once a year, with the deadline for applications in September. Applications are submitted online and must include a completed application form, a personal statement, academic transcripts, and letters of recommendation.
Fellows are selected based on their academic record, their demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in the nuclear field, and their potential to contribute to the IAEA’s work.
In addition to the scholarship and stipend, fellows are also given the opportunity to participate in an internship facilitated by the IAEA. Internships can be at IAEA headquarters, IAEA laboratories, or at IAEA Collaborating Centres and partner organizations. Internships typically last for 6-12 months.
Impact of the Programme
Since its launch in 2020, the MSCFP has awarded scholarships to over 360 women from over 110 countries. Fellows have gone on to work in a variety of roles in the nuclear industry, including research, engineering, and policy.
For more information about the MSCFP, please visit the IAEA website: https://www.iaea.org/services/technical-cooperation-programme/fellowships