The Imo State University (IMSU) Debate/Quiz & Essay Writing Competition is an annual competition organized by the Imo State University Debating Society to promote intellectual discourse and academic excellence among students.
The competition is open to all students of Imo State University, regardless of their faculty or department.
- Applicants must be students of Imo State University.
- Applicants must be registered members of the Imo State University Debating Society.
- Essay Writing
The debate competition will be held in a British Parliamentary format. Teams will be composed of two debaters each. The topic of the debate will be announced in advance. Teams will be given 15 minutes to prepare for each round of the debate. The debate will be judged by a panel of experts.
The quiz competition will be held in a multiple-choice format. The quiz will cover a wide range of topics, including science, history, current affairs, and literature. The quiz will be timed, and the contestant with the most correct answers at the end of the quiz will be the winner.
The essay writing competition will be held on a given topic. The topic will be announced in advance. Essays must be between 1,000 and 1,500 words long. Essays will be judged on the basis of their content, organization, grammar, and style.
- The winners of the debate, quiz, and essay writing competitions will receive cash prizes and certificates of merit.
To apply for the Imo State University Debate/Quiz & Essay Writing Competition, students must submit the following materials:
- Online application form
- Proof of registration with the Imo State University Debating Society
- A signed declaration of authenticity for the essay writing competition (if applicable)
The deadline to apply for the Imo State University Debate/Quiz & Essay Writing Competition is typically in February or March. Please visit the Imo State University website for the most up-to-date information.
For more information about the Imo State University Debate/Quiz & Essay Writing Competition, please visit the Imo State University website or contact the Imo State University Debating Society.
Tips for Applicants:
- Make sure to carefully review the eligibility requirements and application process before submitting your application.
- Practice for the debate and quiz competitions.
- Write a strong essay that addresses the given topic in a comprehensive and well-organized manner.
- Submit your application early to increase your chances of being selected.
I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your competition!