The KAUST Global Fellowship Program is a prestigious initiative that aims to attract and support outstanding emerging research leaders from around the world to pursue their independent research endeavors at KAUST. This program provides fellows with the resources, mentorship, and freedom to explore their research interests and make groundbreaking contributions in various scientific fields.
To be eligible for the KAUST Global Fellowship Program, applicants must:
- Hold a PhD degree or equivalent in a relevant STEM discipline.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of research excellence and a passion for pursuing independent research.
- Possess a clear research proposal that aligns with KAUST’s strategic research priorities and the university’s five Research Pillars: Water, Energy, the Environment, Food & Health, and the Digital domain.
- Exhibit exceptional leadership potential and a commitment to fostering a collaborative and supportive research environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
The KAUST Global Fellowship Program provides comprehensive support to selected fellows, including:
- An independent annual research budget of up to $45,000 to support research activities and equipment procurement.
- A yearly living stipend of $75,000 plus benefits, including medical insurance, accommodation, schooling, relocation, and travel allowances, to focus on research on a full-time basis.
- Access to KAUST’s world-class research facilities, resources, and expertise.
- Mentorship from renowned KAUST faculty and researchers in their chosen field.
- Opportunities to collaborate with international researchers and participate in conferences and workshops.
The application deadline for the KAUST Global Fellowship Program is typically in November each year. Interested applicants can submit their applications online through the KAUST fellowships portal. The application process involves submitting the following documents:
- Completed online application form.
- PhD degree or equivalent completion certificate.
- Research proposal outlining the applicant’s intended research plan and potential impact.
- Curriculum vitae highlighting the applicant’s academic achievements, research experience, and publications.
- Letters of recommendation from two to three senior researchers familiar with the applicant’s work.
- Personal statement highlighting the applicant’s research interests, career aspirations, and leadership qualities.
Applications are rigorously reviewed by a selection committee based on the following criteria:
- Research proposal: Clarity, originality, and potential impact of the proposed research.
- Research experience: Demonstrated track record of research excellence and publications.
- Leadership potential: Ability to lead a research team, collaborate effectively, and contribute to the research community.
- Personal statement: Articulation of research interests, career goals, and contributions to KAUST’s research environment.
- Letters of recommendation: Insights from senior researchers regarding the applicant’s research abilities and leadership potential.
Notification of Results
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications within a few months of the application deadline. Selected fellows will receive an official acceptance letter and invitation to join the KAUST research community.
Benefits of KAUST Global Fellowship Program
The KAUST Global Fellowship Program offers numerous benefits to selected fellows, including:
- Financial support to cover research expenses, living costs, and travel, allowing fellows to focus on their research without financial constraints.
- Access to KAUST’s state-of-the-art research facilities, resources, and expertise, providing fellows with the tools and infrastructure needed to conduct groundbreaking research.
- Mentorship from renowned KAUST faculty and researchers, gaining valuable insights and guidance from experts in their chosen field.
- Exposure to a vibrant and collaborative research environment, fostering opportunities for interaction and collaboration with international researchers.
- Potential for career advancement and leadership opportunities, preparing fellows for successful careers in academia or industry.
The KAUST Global Fellowship Program is a remarkable opportunity for outstanding emerging research leaders to pursue their independent research aspirations and make significant contributions to scientific advancements. By providing fellows with comprehensive support, resources, and mentorship, KAUST empowers them to excel in their research endeavors and become leaders in their respective fields.