King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is pleased to offer a variety of tuition-free graduate programs for the 2021/2022 academic year. These programs are designed to attract and support outstanding students from around the world to pursue graduate studies (Master’s and PhD) in a variety of STEM disciplines at KAUST.
To be eligible for admission to a KAUST graduate program, applicants must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Have a strong academic record with a demonstrated interest in pursuing graduate studies in their chosen field.
- Possess a keen interest in conducting research at KAUST and contributing to the university’s vibrant research community.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
KAUST offers a wide range of tuition-free graduate programs in the following fields:
- Biosciences: Biochemistry, Biology, Marine Biology, and Neuroscience.
- Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Statistics.
- Physical Sciences: Chemical Sciences, Earth Science and Environmental Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Physics.
In addition to tuition waivers, all admitted KAUST graduate students receive generous financial support, including:
- A monthly stipend of SAR 21,000 (approximately USD 5,500) for Master’s students and SAR 25,000 (approximately USD 6,600) for PhD students.
- On-campus housing.
- Medical and dental coverage.
- Relocation support.
- Access to KAUST’s world-class research facilities and resources.
- Mentorship from renowned KAUST faculty and scholars.
- Opportunities to participate in research collaborations, conferences, and workshops.
The application deadline for KAUST graduate programs is typically in January each year. Interested applicants can submit their applications online through the KAUST admissions portal. The application process involves submitting the following documents:
- Completed online application form.
- Academic transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
- Research proposal outlining the applicant’s intended graduate research.
- Personal statement highlighting the applicant’s academic achievements, research interests, and career aspirations.
- Writing sample of the applicant’s academic work.
- English language proficiency certificate (if applicable).
Applications are rigorously reviewed by a selection committee based on the following criteria:
- Academic record.
- Research proposal.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement.
- Interview performance (if applicable).
Notification of Results
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications within a few months of the application deadline. Selected students will receive an official acceptance letter and invitation to attend the KAUST orientation program.
Benefits of Studying at KAUST
KAUST offers a unique and stimulating environment for graduate studies, with a number of benefits for admitted students, including:
- Opportunity to conduct research at a world-class university with cutting-edge facilities and resources.
- Access to a vibrant and supportive research community, including renowned faculty and fellow students from around the world.
- Exposure to a global network of researchers and industry partners through conferences, workshops, and internships.
- Potential for career advancement and leadership opportunities in academia or industry.
KAUST’s tuition-free graduate programs provide an exceptional opportunity for outstanding students to pursue their research goals, make significant contributions to their chosen fields, and prepare for successful careers in STEM disciplines. With its comprehensive financial support, world-class research facilities, and vibrant research community, KAUST offers an ideal environment for graduate students to excel and achieve their full potential.