The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley offers a comprehensive scholarship package to exceptional students from Sub-Saharan Africa who are committed to transformative change on the continent. The program provides a full tuition waiver, living stipend, health insurance, travel expenses, and access to a variety of academic and professional development resources.
To be eligible for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Have a strong academic record
- Demonstrate a commitment to community service and leadership
- Be interested in pursuing a Master’s degree in a relevant field at UC Berkeley
Recipients of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley will receive a comprehensive support package that includes:
- Full tuition waiver
- Monthly living stipend
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses
- Access to academic and professional development resources
- Opportunity to participate in a cohort-based mentorship program
The application process for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley is competitive. Applicants must submit a completed application form, a copy of their academic transcripts, a letter of motivation, and two letters of recommendation.
The deadline for applications is typically in the spring semester. The exact deadline will be announced each year. For the 2024-2025 academic year, the application deadline is March 1, 2024.
For more information about the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley and the application process, please visit the UC Berkeley website: https://mcfscholarsprogram.berkeley.edu/