The Meta Research PhD Fellowship program is a global initiative that encourages and supports promising doctoral students at accredited universities who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in computer science and engineering. The program provides a comprehensive package of financial support and opportunities for academic excellence, enabling exceptional students from across the globe to contribute to the advancement of knowledge and innovation in their respective fields.
To be eligible for the Meta Research PhD Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a PhD program: Be enrolled in a full-time PhD program at an accredited university in the fall following the application cycle (i.e., Fall 2024).
- Research in computer science and engineering:Engaged in research related to computer science and engineering in areas relevant to Meta, as specified in the Available Fellowships section.
- Alignment with Meta’s research priorities: Demonstrate alignment with Meta’s research priorities and potential contributions to advancing knowledge in the chosen field.
- Leadership Potential: Exhibit leadership skills, initiative, and a commitment to making a positive impact on their field of study.
- Motivation and Contribution: Articulate a clear motivation for pursuing a PhD and demonstrate a willingness to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in their chosen field.
The Meta Research PhD Fellowship provides a comprehensive package of benefits to successful applicants:
- Full Tuition Coverage: Full tuition coverage for the duration of the PhD program at the chosen university.
- Generous Stipend: A generous monthly stipend of US$42,000 to cover living expenses such as accommodation, meals, and transportation.
- Research Support: Access to world-class research facilities, resources, and mentorship from experienced Meta researchers.
- Networking Opportunities: Opportunities to connect with fellow scholars, researchers, and industry professionals in the field of computer science and engineering.
- Mentorship Programs: Mentoring from experienced Meta researchers and faculty members.
- Contribution to Meta Research: The opportunity to conduct groundbreaking research and contribute to Meta’s cutting-edge research initiatives.
The application process for the Meta Research PhD Fellowship is highly competitive and requires the submission of the following documents:
- Completed Online Application Form: A complete online application form with all required information.
- Academic Transcripts: Official academic transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Degree Certificate: A copy of the bachelor’s degree certificate and a copy of the master’s degree certificate (if applicable).
- Research Proposal: A detailed research proposal outlining the proposed research project, including objectives, methodology, and timeline.
- Letter of Motivation: A compelling letter of motivation highlighting academic goals, research aspirations, and contributions to the advancement of knowledge in the chosen field.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or research mentors.
- Copy of Identity Document or Passport: A copy of a valid identity document or passport.
- Resume: A detailed resume highlighting relevant academic achievements, research experience, and publications.
The application deadline for the Meta Research PhD Fellowship typically falls between August and September of the year prior to the intended start date of study. For the 2024 academic year, the application deadline is September 20, 2023.
Applications for the Meta Research PhD Fellowship are reviewed by a selection committee composed of experts in various fields of computer science and engineering. The committee considers the following factors:
- Academic Record: Strength of academic performance, including GPA, coursework, and research experience.
- Research Proposal: Clarity, originality, and feasibility of the proposed research project.
- Alignment with Meta’s Research Priorities: Alignment of the research proposal with Meta’s research priorities and potential contributions to advancing knowledge in the chosen field.
- Leadership Potential: Evidence of leadership skills, initiative, and a commitment to making a positive impact on their field of study.
- Personal Statement: Clarity and persuasiveness of the letter of motivation, highlighting personal goals, research aspirations, and contributions to the advancement of knowledge.
- References: Insights and recommendations provided by academic supervisors or research mentors.
- Overall Fit: The applicant’s alignment with the fellowship’s objectives and their potential to contribute to Meta’s global research excellence.
Start of Program
The successful applicants of the Meta Research PhD Fellowship will commence their studies at their chosen university in the fall of the year following the application deadline.
For more information about the Meta Research PhD Fellowship, application deadlines, and eligibility criteria, please visit the Meta Research website.