Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) is pleased to announce the opening of applications for its fully-funded PhD scholarship program in data science for African students. This program is designed to support outstanding African scientists in pursuing their doctoral studies at leading universities in Africa, in cooperation with institutions internationally.
To be eligible for the QLA PhD Scholarship in Data Science, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an African country
- Have a Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics, or other relevant fields
- Have a strong academic record
- Be proficient in English, both written and spoken
- Have a demonstrated interest in data science and its applications to solving real-world problems
- Be committed to pursuing a research career in data science
The QLA PhD Scholarship in Data Science will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of KRW 1,800,000 (approximately USD 1,400)
- Research allowance of KRW 1,000,000 (approximately USD 800) per year
- Travel costs (up to a maximum of KRW 2,000,000 (approximately USD 1,600))
- Health insurance
- Accommodation allowance (up to KRW 1,000,000 per semester)
- Access to QLA’s network of scholars and researchers from Africa and beyond
The application deadline for the QLA PhD Scholarship in Data Science is April 14, 2023. Applicants can submit their applications online.
Applications will be assessed by a panel of experts based on the following criteria:
- Academic record
- Research proposal
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Interview performance
Notification of Results
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications by June 2023.
Benefits of QLA PhD Scholarship in Data Science
The QLA PhD Scholarship in Data Science offers a number of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to conduct research at a world-class university in Africa
- Access to a vibrant research community and mentorship from renowned scientists
- Exposure to a global network of researchers and industry partners
- Potential for career advancement and leadership opportunities in data science and related fields
- The chance to make a significant contribution to Africa’s development and innovation
The QLA PhD Scholarship in Data Science is a valuable opportunity for outstanding African students to pursue their doctoral studies and make a significant contribution to the field of data science. This program provides students with the financial support, resources, and mentorship they need to succeed in their research and make a positive impact on society.