Stellenbosch University 2024 PhD Scholarships for African Students
Stellenbosch University (SU) is a leading research university in South Africa and is committed to attracting and supporting outstanding African students.
In this regard, SU is offering a number of PhD scholarships for African students for the 2024 academic year.
To be eligible for a Stellenbosch University PhD scholarship for African students, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an African country
- Have a Master’s degree with an average of 70% or higher
- Be able to commence studies in January 2024
- Be committed to full-time study
- Have a strong research proposal
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to conduct independent research
The Stellenbosch University PhD scholarships for African students cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of R20,000
- Research allowance of R15,000 per year
- Medical aid
Applications for Stellenbosch University PhD scholarships for African students open in October 2023 and close in February 2024. Applicants can submit their applications online.
- Target Your Summit: Choose a specific PhD program aligned with your research interests and scholarship eligibility. Picking the right mountain face is crucial for a successful climb.
- Craft Your Pitch: Prepare a compelling research proposal highlighting your project’s originality, methodology, and potential impact. Think of this as your climbing map and compass – guiding you and convincing the selection committee.
- Application Avalanche: Meet all deadlines and meticulously follow application instructions. Missing deadlines is like triggering an avalanche – avoid it at all costs!
Applications are assessed by a panel of experts based on the following criteria:
- Academic record
- Research proposal
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Interview performance
Notification of Results
Applicants are notified of the outcome of their applications in March 2024.
Benefits of Stellenbosch University PhD Scholarships for African Students
The Stellenbosch University PhD scholarships for African students offer a number of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to conduct research at a world-class university
- Access to a vibrant research community and mentorship from renowned scientists
- Exposure to a global network of researchers and industry partners
- Potential for career advancement and leadership opportunities in science and technology
How to Apply
To apply for a Stellenbosch University PhD scholarship for African students, please visit the Stellenbosch University website and complete the online application form.
The deadline for applications is February 2024.
For more information about Stellenbosch University PhD scholarships for African students, please contact the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Stellenbosch University.
The Stellenbosch University PhD scholarships for African students are a valuable opportunity for outstanding African students to pursue their PhD studies at Stellenbosch University.
These scholarships provide students with the financial support and resources they need to conduct their research and make a significant contribution to their field of study.
- The Stellenbosch University PhD scholarships for African students are renewable for up to three years.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as the competition for these scholarships is high.
- For more information about the Stellenbosch University PhD scholarships for African students, please visit the Stellenbosch University website.