The Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) offers a generous scholarship opportunity for international students pursuing an MBA degree at the institution. This scholarship provides full tuition coverage and a living stipend for one year of study, enabling outstanding students from around the world to access SSE’s world-class MBA program.
To be eligible for the SSE MBA Scholarship for International Students, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: Not be a citizen or permanent resident of Sweden
- Academic Record: Possess a strong academic background, typically with a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution and a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Work Experience: Demonstrate at least three years of relevant work experience
- English Language Proficiency: Be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Leadership Potential: Exhibit leadership skills, initiative, and a commitment to making a positive impact
- Motivation and Contribution: Articulate a clear motivation for pursuing an MBA and demonstrate a willingness to contribute to the SSE community
The SSE MBA Scholarship for International Students provides a comprehensive package of benefits to successful applicants:
- Full Tuition Coverage: Full tuition coverage for one year of study at the SSE MBA program
- Living Stipend: A monthly living stipend to cover expenses such as accommodation, meals, and transportation
- Networking Opportunities: Access to a network of fellow scholars, alumni, and industry professionals
- Mentorship Programs: Mentoring from experienced business leaders and faculty members
- Research Support: Opportunities to engage in research and gain valuable experience
The application process for the SSE MBA Scholarship for International Students is highly competitive and requires the submission of the following documents:
- Completed Application Form: A complete application form with all required information
- Academic Transcripts: Official academic transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- GMAT or GRE Score: A valid GMAT or GRE score
- Letter of Motivation: A compelling letter of motivation outlining academic goals, career aspirations, and contributions to the SSE community
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional referees
- Copy of Identity Document or Passport: A copy of a valid identity document or passport
- Resume: A detailed resume highlighting relevant work experience, academic achievements, and extracurricular activities
The application deadline for the SSE MBA Scholarship for International Students is typically in March of each year. Early application is strongly encouraged, as scholarships are highly competitive.
Applications for the SSE MBA Scholarship for International Students are reviewed by a selection committee, which considers the following factors:
- Academic Record: Strength of academic performance, including GPA and coursework
- Work Experience: Relevance and depth of professional experience, demonstrating leadership and problem-solving skills
- Leadership Potential: Evidence of leadership skills, initiative, and a commitment to making a positive impact
- Personal Statement: Clarity and persuasiveness of the letter of motivation, highlighting personal goals, motivations, and contributions to SSE
- References: Insights and recommendations provided by academic or professional referees
- Overall Fit: The applicant’s alignment with the SSE MBA program and its values
Start of Program
The SSE MBA program typically commences in September of each year. Scholarship recipients will begin their studies alongside their fellow MBA cohort, benefiting from a supportive and collaborative learning environment.
For more information about the SSE MBA Scholarship for International Students and application deadlines, please visit the Stockholm School of Economics website.