The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) for the academic year 2024-2025 is a fully-funded scholarship program aimed at master’s students from developing countries. Here’s an overview of the program and how to apply:
Overview of the SISGP
- Program Focus: The SISGP is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme, designed to develop global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Eligibility: This academic scholarship is for full-time, one or two-year master’s studies in Sweden. It covers a wide range of study fields, with over 700 of the 1000 English-taught master’s programs in Sweden being eligible.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- Tuition Fee Coverage: The scholarship includes full tuition fee coverage, with the fee being paid directly by the Swedish Institute (SI) to the respective Swedish university at the beginning of each semester.
- Living Expenses and Travel Grant: It also covers living expenses of SEK 12,000 per month, insurance, and a one-time travel grant of SEK 10,000-15,000 (for scholarship holders living outside Sweden).
- Master’s Program Application: Applicants must first apply for a master’s program at universityadmissions.se. The period for this application is from October 17, 2024, to January 16, 2024. It’s important to note that only master’s programs listed under the SISGP are eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholarship Application: After applying for the master’s program, candidates can then apply for the SISGP. The scholarship is competitive and only awarded for programs starting in the autumn semester.
- The SISGP is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programs.
- The program seeks candidates who have demonstrated leadership capabilities and academic excellence, and who are committed to contributing positively to sustainable development goals.
The SISGP offers a unique opportunity for students from developing countries to gain a high-quality education in Sweden, with the added benefit of full funding to cover tuition and living expenses. This scholarship is an avenue for students to develop professionally and academically, and to build lasting relationships with Sweden and other global professionals.