The University of Melbourne is pleased to offer a variety of Graduate Research Scholarships for the 2023 academic year.
These University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships are designed to attract and support outstanding students from around the world to pursue graduate research degrees (Master’s by Research and Doctorate by Research) at the University of Melbourne.
To be eligible for a University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarship, applicants must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Have a strong academic record with a demonstrated interest in pursuing graduate research studies in their chosen field.
- Possess a keen interest in conducting research at the University of Melbourne and contributing to the university’s vibrant research community.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
The University of Melbourne offers a wide range of Graduate Research Scholarships in the following fields:
- Biosciences: Biochemistry, Biology, Marine Biology, and Neuroscience.
- Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Statistics.
- Physical Sciences: Chemical Sciences, Earth Science and Environmental Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Physics.
In addition to tuition waivers, all admitted University of Melbourne graduate research students receive generous financial support, including:
- A monthly stipend of SAR 21,000 (approximately USD 5,500) for Master’s students and SAR 25,000 (approximately USD 6,600) for PhD students.
- On-campus housing.
- Medical and dental coverage.
- Relocation support.
- Access to the University of Melbourne’s world-class research facilities and resources.
- Mentorship from renowned University of Melbourne faculty and scholars.
- Opportunities to participate in research collaborations, conferences, and workshops.
University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships Application Process
The application deadline for University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships is typically in January each year. Interested applicants can submit their applications online through the University of Melbourne admissions portal. The application process involves submitting the following documents:
- Completed online application form.
- Academic transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
- Research proposal outlining the applicant’s intended graduate research.
- Personal statement highlighting the applicant’s academic achievements, research interests, and career aspirations.
- Writing sample of the applicant’s academic work.
- English language proficiency certificate (if applicable).
Applications are rigorously reviewed by a selection committee based on the following criteria:
- Academic record.
- Research proposal.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement.
- Interview performance (if applicable).
Notification of Results
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications within a few months of the application deadline. Selected students will receive an official acceptance letter and invitation to attend the University of Melbourne orientation program.
Benefits of Studying at the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne offers a unique and stimulating environment for graduate research, with a number of benefits for admitted students, including:
- Opportunity to conduct research at a world-class university with cutting-edge facilities and resources.
- Access to a vibrant and supportive research community, including renowned faculty and fellow students from around the world.
- Exposure to a global network of researchers and industry partners through conferences, workshops, and internships.
- Potential for career advancement and leadership opportunities in academia or industry.
- For more detailed information about the University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships and the application process, please visit the University of Melbourne admissions website or contact the university’s admissions office.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as the competition for these scholarships is highly selective.