The University of Queensland (UQ) Destination Australia Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship designed to attract and support outstanding international students from around the globe to undertake studies at UQ. The scholarship aims to encourage diversity and excellence within the university’s academic community.
To be eligible for the UQ Destination Australia Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an international student with a valid passport from a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Hold a student visa for the scholarship’s duration.
- Be a commencing student.
- Have a full offer to study an eligible program delivered entirely at the UQ Gatton campus in 2023 (you don’t need to accept your full offer by the scholarship application deadline).
The UQ Destination Australia Scholarship provides comprehensive support to selected scholars, including:
- Tuition fee offset of up to AUD$48,000* over 4 years on eligible undergraduate courses or AUD$24,000* over two years on eligible postgraduate courses.
- Access to UQ’s world-class facilities, resources, and expertise.
- Mentorship from experienced UQ faculty and researchers.
- Opportunities to participate in research collaborations, conferences, and workshops.
- A travel stipend of up to $10,000 for approved gap semester, exchange, or internship opportunities.
- An establishment allowance of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares (after arrival at UQ), provided receipts can be produced by the student.
The application deadline for the UQ Destination Australia Scholarship is typically in July each year. Interested applicants can submit their applications online through the UQ scholarships portal. The application process involves submitting the following documents:
- Completed online application form.
- Academic transcripts translated into English (if applicable).
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
- Personal statement highlighting the applicant’s academic achievements, research interests, and career aspirations.
- English language proficiency certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of passport.
Applications are rigorously reviewed by a selection committee based on the following criteria:
- Academic record.
- Personal statement and recommendation letters.
- Demonstration of interest and motivation for pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate studies at UQ.
- English language proficiency.
- Interview performance (if applicable).
Notification of Results
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications within a few months of the application deadline. Selected scholars will receive an official acceptance letter and invitation to join the UQ academic community.
- For more detailed information about the UQ Destination Australia Scholarship and the application process, please visit the UQ scholarships website or contact the university’s scholarships office.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as the competition for this scholarship is highly selective.
Please note that the scholarship amounts mentioned may be subject to change. It is always advisable to check the latest information on the university’s scholarship website before applying.