The Yenching Academy of Peking University offers a fully-funded Master’s program in China Studies for international students. Here are the key details about the Yenching Academy Masters Scholarship:
About Yenching Academy of The Peking University:
- The Yenching Academy offers a highly customizable Master’s program in China Studies for English speakers with varied levels of Chinese language competency.
- The program emphasizes interdisciplinarity and values thinking about China from both Chinese and international perspectives.
- It offers six research areas for students to choose from, covering Economics & Management, History & Archaeology, Law & Society, Literature & Culture, Philosophy & Religion, and Politics & International Relations.
- The scholarship covers tuition fees, a travel stipend for one round-trip journey between each Scholar’s base city and Beijing, accommodations, and a monthly living stipend.
- Fellowships for international scholars are for 12 months, with the option to extend for a second year in Beijing.
- During the second year in Beijing, students may apply for Teaching, Research, or Administrative Assistantships.
- Scholars may also apply for grants to fund research projects related to China Studies.
- Degrees are granted upon completing all coursework and a satisfactory defense of the thesis.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants should have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field awarded no later than August 31 of the year they wish to enroll.
- An outstanding academic record.
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China.
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, and social responsibility.
- Leadership potential.
- English proficiency.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for the Yenching Academy Masters Scholarship is December 3, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the Yenching Academy of Peking University website and complete the online application form, along with submitting the required documents in English